You must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible:The C.V. Starr Center will grant funds for NYU 4th or 5th year Doctoral Economic student travel of up to $500 for domestic conferences and $1500 for international conferences up to a career maximum of $2,500 under the following circumstances:
- The student has a paper on the program and is presenting the paper.
- Original receipts are presented for expenses that may include: economical hotel charges, economy air or train fare, conference registration, simple meals (no alcohol), and taxi.local fares only. Cell phone expenses are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Students may receive more than one award within an academic year up to a total award amount of $2,500 in the student's academic career with the department.
Process to collect your award:In order to collect on your grant once you have been approved for one, please note the following procedures:
- Please submit your request and receipts as ONE package to: Anne Stubing, the Assistant Director of the CV Starr Center.
- Original receipts are REQUIRED. Meal receipts must include a detailed receipt of what was consumed at the meal. Alcohol is not eligible for reimbursement. The more detailed the receipts, the better.
- Whenever possible, submit ticket stubs/boarding passes from flights, buses, or train rides.
- Be sure to include your home address and NYU ID number on your reimbursement request
- Include a copy of the event program with your presentation marked/highlighted.
- Include an itemized list of funding support for the trip when you submit your traveling documents. For example, if you were awarded the GSAS Deans Travel grant (see below for link to more information on this program) for the trip as well, list the amount awarded as well as include the receipts covered by the grant. To collect the full amount of the C.V. Starr travel grant, you must submit receipts that are equal or greater than the total amount of all grants/funds awarded. Example: If the GSAS Dean's Travel Award was $500 and the C.V Starr Travel Award $1,000, you must submit at least $1,500.00 worth of expenses.
- Students are expected to report to the CV Starr Center any funding provided to them by other sources to support their participation in the conference whether it is provided by the conference organizers or an alternate source. Accepting funding for the same expenses from two different sources is not permitted.
- Please note that NYU Policies require receipts be submitted within 30 days of having completed travel.